Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Garden dreaming By Invitation Only


I am a little late to the party but let's just say fashionably late.  I have spent the last few months gathering inspiration for what is the beginning of what will be one of our longest personal projects here at home.  We are laying out the garden and it's rooms.  Living in California we spend a great deal of time outside.  In the summer months I work outside to be around the kids and to just have the fresh air.  Our yard is pretty good size for the neighborhood that we are in so we have quite a bit of room to create.  I want a small sitting area just off of the dining room similar to the one pictured above, a sweet space to have tea and waste away Saturday mornings reading magazines and books.


Of course my husband and I also want a pool, never having one really makes us want it all the more.   These are both so beautiful. 


I love the simple lines of these two pools nothing crazy just good clean fun!



I really love fresh flowers and Hydrangea are some of my favorites, we cannot seem to get Lilac to grow well here but it is so beautiful!  So near my sitting area we are planning for a large grouping of Hydrangea and some hedging to back it.


Of course we will have Wisteria along the structures near the house.
 

I have seen some really beautiful stone troughs that I have been dying to find a use for so we are looking for the perfect place to put a fountain.


We need some large hedges to block out a view from the street above which has been our biggest challenge!  These are fabulous!
 
 These are my dream items (items that the husband is opposed to) I would love to have some ladies in my garden to keep me company and give us wonderful fresh eggs.



Finally I really need a pool house with ivy and Hydrangea, don't you think.  Oh and this is a great example of what I have asked for surrounding the pool,  cement pavers with grass running between.

I am excited to get a plan in place and see these ideas come to life!

Stop by to see what the other ladies have done too.


Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment