Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gjelina, Venice


When I was in Venice last month I stopped in at gjelina on Abbott Kinney for a little lunch by myself.   Which is perfectly fun if you ask me.  I was a bit before the lunch rush and much of the restaurant was empty when I started taking photos inconspicuously with my phone.  I know it is bad but I like to take photos of things that make my imagination spin, and I was not sure if they would say yes.  
It is one of the best restaurant interiors I have seen in California lately, and I fell for the boho charm that was pouring from everywhere, even the wait staff had a little boho hippy vibe going on.  
 They have a great vintage mix of furnishings and details, with a lot of communal seating which reminds me of  my favorite restaurants in France.  

Usually a  restaurant with a great vibe will carry it all the way to the bath rooms.  Which they definitely did and they did it well.  I loved the little wheel to turn the water on and off mounted directly through the mirror.  Hello!





Super cool embossed wallpaper in the hall.



Not to mention that my lunch was amazing.  By the time I was finished the place was full and a little loud.  I left wanting to come back for more- with a friend even would be nice!




www.gjelina.com   
Address: 1429 Abbot Kinney Blvd, Venice, CA 90291
Phone:(310) 450-1429


images by christina for greige

Photobucket If you would like help creating inspirational spaces for yourself contact us!

  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment